Safeway Sign Company was founded by Forrest O. Moore in Inglewood, California in 1948. With vehicle traffic increasing, Forrest realized the need for a more effective means of identifying traffic symbols and markings. Merging his knowledge of the transportation industry with his expertise in marketing, Forrest created a company that could both manufacture reflective signs, and effectively identify the agencies in need of his product.
By the end of the 1950's, Safeway Sign Company was outgrowing its humble, brick and mortar birthplace. Forrest had introduced the Annual Sign Contract format earlier in the decade, which caused revenues to steadily rise. With business increasing each year, it wouldn't be long before Safeway Sign would need a new facility.
As SSC began to outgrow their space, Forrest's youngest son David took on the challenge of overseeing the construction of the company's new home — an 8,000 square foot plant in Gardena, California. By the end of 1962, the new facility was operational and thriving.
David would continue to run operations over the next couple of decades, gradually yielding duties to the next generation of the Moore family. In 1990, under the leadership of Michael F. Moore, Forrest’s grandson, Safeway broke ground on a 60,000 square foot, modern manufacturing headquarters in Adelanto, California.
Since moving the base of operations to Adelanto, Safeway Sign Company has continued to enjoy growth. Through our commitment to quality manufacturing and service, Safeway has emerged as an industry leader. As the future brings changes to the sign industry, our family, and staff of trained professionals remain committed to innovative production, quality products, and excellent service.